Proventil Inhaler (Salbutamol)
Ventolin is a bronchodilator, which is effective in the treatment of obstructive respiratory diseases.
|100mcg||1inhaler||$33.96||$33.96 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||2inhaler||$56.83||$28.42 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||3inhalers||$79.70||$26.57 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||4inhalers||$102.57||$25.64 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||5inhalers||$125.44||$25.09 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||6inhalers||$148.30||$24.72 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||7inhalers||$171.17||$24.45 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||8inhalers||$194.04||$24.26 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||9inhalers||$216.91||$24.10 per inhaler||Buy Now|
|100mcg||10inhalers||$239.78||$23.98 per inhaler||Buy Now|
Table of Contents
- What is it?
- What is Proventil inhaler used for?
- How often can you use Proventil inhaler?
- Side effects
- Proventil drug interactions
Ventolin is a short-acting β2-adrenergic receptor, used to relieve bronchospasm in conditions such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
The solution for inhalation cannot be swallowed or administered as an injection. It is used with a small inhaler that delivers the drug to the respiratory tract using an endotracheal tube. The room for the procedure should be well ventilated. The spray is introduced through the mouth during inhalation, the amount of the drug is controlled by the dispenser. A single injection of salbutamol is considered a single dose. Before using the aerosol, it is necessary to make sure that the dosing device is working: remove the cap, slightly shake the bottle, test spray into the air.
Proventil is indicated for use in adults and children 4 years of age or older for the treatment or prevention of bronchospasm with reversible obstructive respiratory disease and for the prevention of bronchospasm caused by the exercise.
The maximum daily dose of salbutamol should not exceed 8 inhalations. The need for frequent use of maximum doses or a sudden increase in dose indicates poor control or worsening of asthma.
If your asthma symptoms have worsened and need quick relief, you can use your inhaler as often as every 30-60 minutes for 2-3 hours.
- Immune system: dermatitis, hypersensitivity reactions – angioedema, skin rash;
- Metabolic processes: hypokalemia;
- Nervous system: tremor, headache, anxiety, dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, hyperactivity;
- Cardiovascular system: tachycardia, palpitations, expansion of peripheral vessels with skin hyperemia, discomfort or pain in the chest, arrhythmia, including atrial fibrillation, supraventricular tachycardia, extrasystole, reduction in blood pressure and collapse;
- Respiratory system: cough, irritation of the respiratory tract, bronchospasm (paradoxical or caused by hypersensitivity to the drug);
- Gastrointestinal tract: dryness and irritation of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity and pharynx, changes in taste, nausea, vomiting;
- Musculoskeletal system: muscle cramps.
Usually, 1 dose is enough. The action will come in about 5 minutes. If you feel that 1 dose of the drug is not enough, then you can administer 2 doses. At the same time, the interval between inhalation of these two doses must be at least 30 seconds.
- To prevent an attack during physical activity or contact with an allergen, inhale 2 doses of the drug;
- With prolonged maintenance therapy, inhale 2 inhalations 4 times a day;
- The maximum daily dosage is 8 doses of salbutamol per day;
- Children must receive 50% of the adult dose.
Overdose symptoms: hypokalemia, lower blood pressure, tachycardia, muscle tremor, nausea, vomiting, agitation, hyperglycemia, respiratory alkalosis, hypoxemia, headache, hallucinations, convulsions, tachyarrhythmias, ventricular flutter, expansion of peripheral vessels.
In case of an overdose of salbutamol, cardioselective β-blockers are the best antidotes. However, ß-adrenoreceptor blockers must be used with caution (risk of developing bronchospasm).
The large doses of salbutamol can cause hypokalemia, therefore, if an overdose is suspected, the concentration of potassium in the blood serum should be controlled.
The medication should not be combined with the following drugs:
- non-selective beta-adrenergic receptor blockers, such as propranolol;
- antihypertensive drugs, nitrates;
- xanthine derivatives, GCS, diuretics;
- theophylline and other xanthines;
- MAO inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants;
- CNS stimulants;
- anticholinergic agents (including inhalants).
Proventil is not used in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity (allergy) to one of the components of the drug;
- severe cardiovascular disease;
- age up to 4 years.
Veronica: “I have a hay fever (also called allergic rhinitis). Proventil relieves me from attacks of suffocation and runny nose. I buy this bronchodilator online and use it when I need. The drug helps me. All people with the same problem should try it.”
Emily: “I got so scared when a 2-year-old daughter had an asthma attack for the first time. Every minute seemed an eternity while we were waiting for the ambulance. The team brought an inhaler with them and the drug coped with the attack in 10 minutes. This medicine removes choking very quickly, I always keep it at home in my first-aid kit.”
Hannah: “My father worked in hazardous production, they had a case when there was a leak of chlorine, and he had a rather bad dose of fumes. Now, he has a strong cough almost constantly, like a smoker. He was treated in different ways, but Ventolin inhaler was the most effective – it helped immediately after the first procedure. Now he always has a spray at hand”